Surgical Methods in Kidney
Surgical treatment is undertaken for specific indications. Nowadays, if there is an informed parental preference, endoscopic treatment may be considered as an alternative to long-term antibiotic prophylaxis. Whether performed by an open approach or laparoscopically, the Anderson–Hynes dismembered pyeloplasty is universally regarded as the operation of choice. Robotic pyeloplasty is limited to a small number of centres and is currently under evaluation. The operative time is longer than for conventional laparoscopic pyeloplasty and substantially longer than the operative time for open pyeloplasty.
- Track 1-1 Open pyeloplasty
- Track 2-2 Laparoscopic pyeloplasty
- Track 3-3 Percutaneous nephrostomy
- Track 4-4 Ureterocalicostomy
- Track 5-5 Endopyelotomy and balloon dilatation
- Track 6-6 Nephrectomy